33 No. 2
|Where 2B &Y
||Announcements of conferences, symposia, workshops, meetings, and other upcoming activities.
Colloquium Spectroscopicum Internationale XXXVII
28 August–2 September 2011
Armação de Búzios, RJ, Brazil
The Colloquium Spectroscopicum Internationale XXXVII will be held in Brazil, from 28 August to 2 September 2011. This is the first time in its 60-year history that the event will take place in South America. It is expected to be attended by renowned scientists from around the world, who will discuss the following:
- Atomic and plasma spectrometry (ICP, GD, AAS)
- Molecular spectrometry (UV-Vis, NMR, Raman, IR, etc.)
- Organic and inorganic mass spectrometry (TIMS, MALDI, LC-MS, GC-MS)
- X-ray spectrometry (XRF, XRD, XANES, PIXE)
- Hyphenated techniques
- Laser spectroscopy
- Imaging techniques
- Nuclear techniques (Mössbauer spectroscopy, Gamma spectroscopy, NAA)
- Material sciences (micro, surface, and interface analysis)
- Environmental and geochemical analysis
- Archaeometry and cultural heritage
- Biological applications
- Food analysis
- Clinical and pharmaceutical analysis
- Speciation analysis
- Mass spectrometry in post-genomics and proteomics
- Miniaturization and nanotechnology
- Fuels and biofuels
The venue of the conference, the Hotel Atlântico Búzios, is located at Armação de Búzios, a seaside resort, just a three-hour drive from Rio de Janeiro. The city offers a wide range of restaurants and hotels for all tastes and budgets. Transfer services will be offered from and to Rio de Janeiro International Airport. A full social program will be organized for accompanying persons, such as beach buggy tours and boat rides, as well as a visit to the City of Rio de Janeiro.
See Mark Your Calendar for contact information.
last modified 14 March 2011.
Copyright © 2003-2011 International Union of Pure and Applied Chemistry.
Questions regarding the website, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org