27 No. 2
The German National Adhering Organization, the Deutscher Zentralausschuss für Chemie, through one of its component Societies, the Gesellschaft Deutscher Chemiker, has arranged for the translation and publication of selected IUPAC Reports and Recommendations in the journal Angewandte Chemie. According to Angewandte Chemie, publishing translations of IUPAC Recommendations and Technical Reports is a way to promote the use of chemical professional language in German. Properly defined terms and clear nomenclature form the basis of the understanding among scientists in a discipline and are essential for the exchange among scientific and professional language and general language. All translations are examined, corrected, and authorized by an acknowledged expert, the “Obmann.”
For more information, please contact Elisabeth Weber <firstname.lastname@example.org> or visit the journal Web site <www.angewandte.com>. Suggestions for themes and experts are welcomed.
Following is a list of recently translated and published Reports and Recommendations:
- “Modeling Lifetime and Degradability of Organic Compounds in Air, Soil, and Water Systems,” A. Sabljic and W. Peijnenburg, Pure Appl. Chem. 2001, 73, 1331–1348
- “Definitions of Basic Terms Relating to Low-Molar-Mass and Polymer Liquid,” M. Barón, Pure Appl. Chem. 2001, 73, 845–895
- “Concepts and Applications of the Term Dimensionality in Analytical Chemistry,” Klaus Danzer, Jacobus F. van Staden, and Duncan Thorburn Burns, Pure Appl. Chem. 2002, 74, 1479–2002
- “Organic Photochromism,” H. Bouas-Laurent and H. Dürr, Pure Appl. Chem. 2001, 73, 639–665
- “NMR Nomenclature. Nuclear Spin Properties and Conventions for Chemical Shifts,” R. K. Harris, E. D. Becker, S. Cabral de Menezes, R. Goodfellow, and P. Granger, Pure Appl. Chem. 2001, 73, 1795–1818
- “Generic Source-Based Nomenclature for Polymers,” E. Maréchal and E. S. Wilks, Pure Appl. Chem. 2001, 73, 1511–1519
See the up-to-date list of published IUPAC-Empfehlungen on the journal web site or <www.iupac.org/publications/pac/empfehlungen.html>.
last modified 11 February 2005.
Copyright © 2003-2005 International Union of Pure and
Questions regarding the website, please contact email@example.com