28 No. 3
|Where 2B &Y
||Announcements of conferences, symposia, workshops, meetings, and other upcoming activities.
Environmental Best Practices
7–10 August 2006, Olsztyn, Poland
International Environmental Best Practices Conference
(EBP) will be held 7–10 August 2006 at the
University of Warmia and Mazury in Olsztyn, Poland. The EBP
conference is organized in collaboration with the Sam Houston
University, Huntsville, Texas.
The objective of the conference is to bring together researchers from academic, governmental and industrial institutions to discuss new developments and results in the fields of environmental remediation, wastewater treatment, solid waste management, alternative energy sources and environmental stewardship. It is anticipated that attendees will develop a knowledge and understanding of a broad spectrum of environmental applications and solutions to the challenges facing the world today.
This conference is best suited for individuals working in the fields of Biology, Chemistry, Engineering, Government Regulation and Project Management.
The conference topics will include:
- Environmental Remediation (in situ and ex situ, bioavailability and genotoxicity of compounds, mycotoxins, monitoring of pollutants, modelling contamination)
- Wastewater Treatment (centralized and decentralized systems, sewage sludge processing and disposal)
- Solid Waste Management (strategies, resource recovery and reuse, landfilling, pretreatment)
- Alternative Energy Sources (fuel cell, biofuels, organic solid waste, solar power, liquefied natural and petroleum gas, wind, tidal, geothermal, hydroelectric)
- Environmental Stewardship (agriculture, ecotourism, native flora and fauna, invasive species, water quality and environmental indicators, impact assessment of engineering and biotechnological undertakings)
The social program will include a reception at Olsztyn Castle, a banquet at the lake shore, a post-conference tour to Gdansk and surrounding anti-flood installations. For accompanying persons, there are various tours available, including visits to historical places, museums and leisure centers.
last modified 25 April 2007.
Copyright © 2003-2007 International Union of Pure and
Questions regarding the website, please contact email@example.com