News & Notices
To: IUPAC National
Adhering Organizations, Bureau, Standing Committee Chairmen
Date: 2 August 2006
Topics for Round Table Discussions at Torino General Assembly
The Executive Committee at its meeting this April approved a proposal
to hold a series of Round Table discussions at the Torino General Assembly,
see Item 9.3 of the Executive Committee Minutes.
The intent of these discussions is to allow small groups of Council
delegates to discuss subjects of mutual interest in a setting conducive
to the easy exchange of ideas. The results of each of these three or
four discussion groups would be forwarded for consideration by the Bureau.
The format of these Round Tables would be as follows:
- Participation would be restricted to registered delegates.
- No group will have more than 40 members.
- Delegates will be asked to indicate a priority for their interest
in the selected discussion topics, and assigned as much as possible
according to their priority interests.
- An IUPAC Bureau member would lead each discussion group.
- The Bureau will select three or four discussion topics from those
suggested by NAOs and the Bureau.
- The Round Tables will be held on Friday morning, 10 August 2007.
National Adhering Organizations and Bureau members are invited to propose
topics. Please note that the topics should not be items expected to
be on the Council Agenda.
Please provide your proposed topics by 1 September 2006 so that the
Bureau can make its selection at its meeting in October.
Responses should be sent by e-mail to<firstname.lastname@example.org>.
> for a follow-up,
see the President's
column - CI Nov/Dec 2006