33 No. 4
|Where 2B &Y
||Announcements of conferences, symposia, workshops, meetings, and other upcoming activities.
The 7th Conference of The World Mycotoxin Forum® and the XIIIth IUPAC International Symposium on Mycotoxins and Phycotoxins will be held jointly. This unique combined event, WMF meets IUPAC, will build on the success of the previous conferences which were held separately all over the world. WMF meets IUPAC will take place in Rotterdam, The Netherlands, 5–9 November 2012.
The aim of WMF meets IUPAC is to increase awareness of human and animal health risks due to natural toxicant contamination in agricultural commodities and seafood, and of potential risk-management options, technologies, and strategies for minimized contamination. The event will focus in particular on mycotoxins, phycotoxins, and plant toxins. It will provide a unique platform for the food and feed industry, regulatory authorities, and science to accomplish the following:
- exchange current information
- promote the harmonization of food and feed safety regulations and control procedures
- make recommendations for strategies enhancing the prevention and control of contamination
- ensure the safety and wholesomeness of an adequate food and feed supply
As a comprehensive overview, WMF meets IUPAC offers an excellent way to network and to share ideas, providing a reference source for anyone involved in these fields. The event will include:
- invited lectures and oral contributions in plenary meetings and parallel sessions
- poster sessions
- young scientists sessions
- workshops and satellite meetings
- spotlight presentations, case studies and industry updates
- an instrument/manufacturers exhibition
last modified 30 June 2011.
Copyright © 2003-2011 International Union of Pure and Applied Chemistry.
Questions regarding the website, please contact email@example.com