Vol. 30 No. 2
|Where 2B &Y
||Announcements of conferences, symposia, workshops, meetings, and other upcoming activities.
21–26 June 2009, Boulder, Colorado, USA
The 17th Symposium on Thermophysical Properties will be held 21–26 June 2009 in conjunction with the 3rd IIR Conference on Thermophysical Properties and Transfer Processes of Refrigerants. Some sessions will be held jointly. The symposium is concerned with theoretical, experimental, simulation, and applied aspects of the thermophysical properties of gases, liquids, and solids, including biological systems.
Appropriate topics are:
- thermodynamic properties, including equation of state, phase equilibria, p-V-T behavior, heat capacity, enthalpy, thermal expansion, sound speed, and critical phenomena
- transport properties, including thermal and electrical conductivity, viscosity, mass diffusion, thermal diffusion, non-Newtonian behavior, thermal, thermoacoustic, and other diffusion waves
- optical and thermal radiative properties, including dielectric constant, refractive index, emissivity, reflectivity, and absorptivity
- interfacial properties, including solid-solid interfaces, surface tension, interfacial profiles, interfacial transport, and wetting
- data correlation, including data evaluation and prediction, standard reference data, databases, and storage and retrieval of thermophysical property data
Abstracts of 200–300 words must be received by 5 December 2008. The abstracts must be submitted through the symposium web page below.
last modified 24 March 2008.
Copyright © 2003-2008 International Union of Pure and
Questions regarding the website, please contact [email protected]