27 No. 1
J. W. Mays and R. F. Storey, editors
Macromolecular Symposia, Vol. 215
Wiley-VCH, 2004, pp. 1–393
This volume contains key papers presented at the International Symposium on Ionic Polymerization, held 30 June–4 July 2003 in Boston, Massachusetts, under the auspices of IUPAC. This meeting featured a series of invited and contributed papers and posters, covering the areas of anionic, cationic, and related polymerization processes. Attendees included most of the leading experts in this field, from academia and industry, as well as a significant number of younger scientists and students. The papers deal with these polymerization systems in the broadest sense, with contributions ranging from new syntheses to mechanistic studies to applications.
Following is a sampling of the paper topics that appear in this issue:
- “Aluminate and Magnesiate Complexes as Propagating Species in the Anionic Polymerization of Styrene and Dienes,” by Alain Deffieux, Larisa Shcheglova, Anna Barabanova, Jean Marc Maréchal, Stephane Carlotti
- “Design and Synthesis of Functionalized Styrene-Butadiene Copolymers by Means of Living Anionic Polymerization,” by Mayumi Hayashi
- “Novel Cationic Ring-Opening Polymerization of Cyclodextrin: A Uniform Macrocyclic Monomer with Unique Character,” by Masato Suzuki, Osamu Numata, Tomofumi Shimazaki
- “Wavelength Flexibility in Photoinitiated Cationic Polymerization,” by Yusuf Yagci
- “Ring-Opening Polymerization of the Cyclic Ester Amide Derived from Adipic Anhydride and 1-Amino-6-hexanol in Melt and in Solution,” by Thomas Fey, Helmut Keul, Hartwig Höcker
- “Recent Developments in the Ring-Opening Polymerization of ε-Caprolactone and Derivatives Initiated by Tin(IV) Alkoxides,” by Ph. Lecomte, F. Stassin, R. Jérôme
last modified 28 December 2004.
Copyright © 2003-2004 International Union of Pure and
Questions regarding the website, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org