by Ron D. Weir and Theo W. de Loos
Elsevier, 2005 [ISBN 0-444-51977-7]
> Book Series
on Experimental Thermodynamics
This volume is another in the series of IUPAC sponsored
monographs that summarize the state of knowledge with respect to experimental
techniques in thermochemistry and thermodynamics. Following volume VI,
Measurement of Thermodynamic Properties of Single
Phases, VI, this book contains descriptions of recent developments
in the techniques for measurement of thermodynamic quantities for multiple
phases of pure fluids as well mixtures over a wide range of conditions.
The precision and accuracy of results obtained from each method was
regarded as an essential element in each description. Throughout the
text, the quantities, units and symbols are those defined by IUPAC for
use in the international community. Measurement of Thermodynamic Properties
of Multiple Phases, Volume VII is an invaluable reference source to
researchers and graduate students.
Researchers and graduate students
1. Introduction (T.W. de Loos, R.D. Weir).
2. Phase Changes in Pure Component Systems: Liquids and Gases (S. Verevkin).
3. Phase Changes in Pure Component Systems: Liquids and Solids (A. Wurflinger).
4. Phase Changes in Pure Component Systems: Solid and Solid (R.D. Weir,
5. Vapour-Liquid Equilibrium at Low Pressure (J.D. Raal, D. Ramjugernath).
6. Vapour-Liquid Equilibrium at High Pressure (D. Richon, T.W. deLoos).
7. Low Pressure Gas Solubility in Liquids (E. Wilhelm).
8. Liquid-Liquid Equilibrium (J. Matou?, K. R(ehak, J.P. Novák).
9. Condensed Phases of Organic Materials: Solid-Liquid and Solid-Solid
Equilibrium (H.A.J. Oonk, J.K.L. Tamarit).
10. Condensed Phases of Inorganic Materials: Metallic Systems (K.M.
Jaansalu et al.).
11. Condensed Phases of Inorganic Materials: Ceramic Systems (N.S. Jacobson
12. Condensed Phases of Inorganic Materials: Molten Salts.
13. Measurement of Limiting Activity Coefficients Using Non-Analytical
Tools (J.D. Raal, D. Ramjugernath).
14. Measurement of Limiting Activity Coefficients Using Analytical Tools
15. Measurement of Interfacial Tension (M.J.B. Evans). 16. Critical
Parameters (A.S. Teja, J. Mendez-Santiago).
Information @ Elsevier
<book announcement published in Chem.
Int. Nov-Dec 2005>