1. A list shall be drawn up biennially by the President, in consultation
with the Secretariat, and approved by the Executive Committee, of organizations
for which the Union will provide full funding for IUPAC representation.
In addition, those organizations shall be identified, for which partial
funding may be provided for such representation.
2. The list of official IUPAC Representatives
on Other Organizations shall be reviewed by the outgoing President
of the Union in consultation with the incoming President and the Secretary
3. In the case of special requests for IUPAC representation, funding
(full or partial) may be granted by the President, subject to the restricted
funds available and, if necessary, approval of the Treasurer.
4. Each IUPAC representative is responsible for ascertaining potential
interest of various IUPAC bodies and ensuring that he/she is properly
briefed on the subject before attending the meeting.
5. Each IUPAC representative to a meeting of another organization is
required to submit a brief report on its activities, recommendations
for any IUPAC activities-collaborative or otherwise- based on the meeting
attended, and a recommendation about future IUPAC involvement with the
organization. Failure to provide such a report will jeopardize future
funding by IUPAC of representation to meetings of the organization.